You don’t have to navigate ADHD on your own.
ADHD can have a significant impact on your life.
- Do you feel misunderstood?
- Are you finding yourself facing a major transition; school, career, personal life?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by the demands of life?
- Do you feel like no matter how hard you try, being organized is just out of reach?
- Is planning, starting and completing projects a challenge?
- Are you distracted and frequently losing assignments or personal belongings?
- Are you a parent trying to help your child with ADHD meet the demands of school?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then coaching might be right for you!
An ADHD Overview
ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, is a complex, neurobiological condition that is a result of a uniquely wired brain. It is characterized by distractibility, hyperactivity and impulsivity.
ADHD effects the executive functions of the brain. It is an impairment of the executive functions that play a major role in ADHD symptoms.
The executive functions of the brain make it possible to plan, organize, make good decisions and take actionable steps toward desired goals. They also play an important role in emotional regulation, the ability to pay attention, and the ability to filter distractions.
The “uniquely wired ADHD brain” refers to the way the brain is wired. This distinction is not meant as an excuse, but rather as information to use to build a successful environment for those affected. An individual with ADHD is not; broken, lazy, or crazy. The symptoms are a result of the challenges an individual has with certain executive functions.
As a result of this unique brain wiring, the symptoms of ADHD can show up as great strengths as well as significant challenges. If you or a loved one have ADHD, it is important to understand the unique wiring of the ADHD brain and how ADHD impacts daily life.
This is where an ADHD coach comes in. ADHD does not have to be a deficit or disorder. With the proper management, you can take control of your life and your ADHD.
A.B.L.E Coaching for ADHD provides a structure that allows you to reach your full potential. An ADHD coach can help you uncover how ADHD impacts your life. No two people with ADHD are impacted in the same way. What works for one person might not work for you.
- Provides a unique, individualized partnership that fosters an understanding of the unique wiring of the ADHD brain.
- Involves the co-creation of strategies, structures, and support systems to address your ADHD and executive function challenges.
- Builds a complete picture of who you are – your values, strengths, passions, and talents.
An ADHD coach can empower you to see possibilities, gain the clarity and focus needed to create sustainable change, and understand and appreciate who you are.
Coaching is not just about addressing your challenges. It is about creating a life you want to live.
Remember, you are not your ADHD. Your ADHD is just one unique aspect of who you truly are.
“The ADHD coaching partnership is an appreciative and creative inquiry process that empowers clients to learn about themselves and their unique brain processing so they can make choices and take actions to create the lives they choose to live. The ADHD coach listens with an appreciation and working experience of how ADHD may be impacting the client.” PAAC definition of ADHD coaching (www.paaccoaches.org).
Feel more confident and experience success as you move toward the life you want to live.
In-person and distance coaching available.
Call now to schedule your complimentary information session at 715-575-1665
or send an email to kshiverick @ableadhdcoaching .com.