Parent Coaching: How To Be Your Child’s Coach
Parents who participate in parent coaching will learn how to support their child’s executive function skills while also learning how to be their child’s coach. This package contains 6 coaching sessions that are 50-minutes each.
Topics that will be covered:
- Executive function development
- Collaborative problem solving
- Reflective listening
- Active listening
- How to ask curious questions
Is Your Student Enrolled in Summer Classes?
6-week or 8-week coaching sessions are available to support your student and help develop essential executive function skills to succeed in class.
These coaching packages include weekly Coaching sessions and between-session check-ins.
6-week coaching option: $750
8-week coaching option: $1,000
Project Planning Coaching
Set your child up for success using a proven planning model that can be transferred to any task your child needs to complete.
6 sessions are 50 minutes each.
Examples of project planning:
- Studying for the driver’s education test
- Executing an Eagle Scout Project
- Working toward the Girl Scout Gold Award
- Bring Your Own Project!
Calling All Rising and Current College Students!
Do you know how to set yourself up for success in college? This 8-session coaching package will help you identify important information that you need to set yourself up for success on a college campus.
Understanding how to identify and access important tools and resources on a college campus is crucial…
Building healthy routines makes a big difference in your success. You will walk away with a toolbox of resources that will help you be your best on campus. 8 sessions are 50 minutes each.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
- Learn who the important people are on campus and how to communicate with them
- Identify your potential distractions and create a plan to avoid them
- Learn an equation to bust procrastination and increase motivation
- Develop an understanding of when you are most alert and productive during the day
- Uncover the importance of a syllabus and how to use it effectively
- Paper or digital planner? Which is best for you?
- The importance of being involved in campus activities
DIY Summer Project
A DIY project is a great way to build executive function skills while engaging in an area of interest. Students will begin to understand their strengths and how their brains best operate.
6 coaching sessions are 50 minutes each. (DIY project materials are not included.)
Session 1: Parent Session – Learn how to be your child’s coach!
Sessions 2-6: Student Sessions – Project planning and doing!
Session 7: Bonus Group Call for Parents
Some project examples:
- Create a cool study space with your own personal touch.
- Create a space for your pet
- Outdoor bird feeders
- Decorate part of your bedroom
- Customize a pair of shoes
- Make jewelry
- Macramé: a variety of projects
- Making fishing lures
- Assemble models
- Get creative – come up with your own DIY idea!
I Take Notes, But What Do I Do With Them?
Make them part of your study cycle!
Did you know we can lose up to 70% of what we learn within the first 24-48 hours of learning it if we don’t interact with the information in some way on our own?
Beat the forgetting curve with this 6-session coaching package:
Learn how to make learning stick so you don’t have to pull all-nighters and cram in order to study for a test.
Various study tools will be introduced so that you will walk away knowing how to set yourself up for success when it comes to studying.
This program is appropriate for students from middle school through grad school or a doctoral program. The 6 coaching sessions are 50 minutes each.