DIY Summer Project
A DIY project is a great way to build executive function skills while engaging in an area of interest. Students will begin to understand their strengths and how their brains best operate.
6 coaching sessions are 50 minutes each. (DIY project materials are not included.)
Session 1: Parent Session – Learn how to be your child’s coach!
Sessions 2-6: Student Sessions – Project planning and doing!
Session 7: Bonus Group Call for Parents
Some project examples:
- Create a cool study space with your own personal touch.
- Create a space for your pet
- Outdoor bird feeders
- Decorate part of your bedroom
- Customize a pair of shoes
- Make jewelry
- Macramé: a variety of projects
- Making fishing lures
- Assemble models
- Get creative – come up with your own DIY idea!