Does your child:
- Forget to bring his/her homework home or forget to hand the homework in?
- Have difficulty planning, prioritizing, and organizing?
- Have trouble initiating a task and maintaining focus to complete a task?
Maybe both you and your child have ADHD. Due to the highly hereditary nature of ADHD, it is very likely that one or more people in a family has ADHD. Regardless of the number of family members with ADHD, everyone in the household is impacted by ADHD. You do not have to navigate the complex journey of parenting on your own.
Education is the first step to any change process. When we can change our thinking, we can change our outcomes. Parent coaching is an effective step in creating the change you want to see for your family. Through parent coaching you will:
- Learn about the uniquely wired ADHD brain
- Develop specific strategies and engineer the environment for success
- Discover your own values and use this knowledge to shape the nature of your relationships
- Identify your triggers
- Create consistent and supportive follow through
- Take intentional actions, limit negative reactions, and control emotional regulation
- Increase effective communication
- Help your child develop time management and organization skills
- Set realistic expectations to support your child’s self-esteem, self-management and self-regulation
She continues to advance her knowledge and training by attending a variety of professional development opportunities. Her passion for learning about ADHD and helping individuals and families develop an understanding of the uniquely wired ADHD brain comes from a very personal place. Coaching is a natural progression from her B.A. in Severe Special Needs Education, a M.Ed. in Early Childhood Education and parenting a child with ADHD.
Through coaching, Kristine is able to provide resources to help individuals and families discover effective strategies, minimize the challenges of ADHD, build healthy and supportive habits, and live the life they want to live. A.B.L.E Coaching for ADHD, LLC provides A. Better. Life. Experience.